Do You Know the Facts About Breast Augmentation?
- Posted on: Jul 18 2013
As the most popular cosmetic procedure in the United States, breast augmentation is constantly finding its way into news headlines and magazine articles. Whether someone is talking about Angelina’s inspirational story, debating whether or not a given celebrity has gotten implants, or simply deciding whether or not to boost their own breasts, it seems as though everyone is talking about it. But what about the real facts? In the midst of all the rumors and gossip, we tend to forget about the information that really matters. So today, I am hoping to clear some of that up.
Five Things Every Woman Must Know About Breast Implants
- Saline and Silicone implants are not the same thing. The new silicone implants have a much more natural look and feel while the saline implants are rounder. Silicone implants have been gaining significant popularity over the cheaper saline implants.
- Breast implants do not increase the risk of you getting breast cancer! One of the biggest myths circling breast cancer is that getting implants will make you more vulnerable to breast cancer. While this is untrue, it is a good idea to inform your doctor of any history of breast cancer in your family in order to avoid any complications.
- Implants will not interfere with mammograms. While a couple more x-rays may be necessary to see the tissue behind the implant, they do not directly interfere with the mammogram.
- Stretch marks are not common with implants. Unless you are planning on getting the larger sized implants, stretch marks should not be an issue.
- Implants will not cause sagging. Because breast implants are more resistant to sagging than your natural breast tissue is, you will not have to worry about any abnormal or extra sagging from the implants.
Now that you know the facts, you can make a better informed decision about pursuing breast implants. While we all love following up on the latest celebrity buzz, it is always important to know the facts as well.
Dr. Ortegon is a board-certified plastic and reconstructive surgeon specializing in breast and body procedures. At San Antonio Cosmetic Surgery we offer our breast augmentation patients both saline and the newest silicone gel implants to ensure the results they are looking for. If you would like to know more about the procedure, call to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ortegon and he will work with you to explain all the details and determine if the procedure is right for you.
Tagged with: breast augmentation
Posted in: Breast Enhancement