As Summer Approaches, Consider A Brow Lift
- Posted on: May 15 2016
In a culture that celebrates youth, many women and men are considering cosmetic procedures to help them maintain a youthful appearance for as long as possible. Ideally, your appearance should reflect the way you feel inside. But over time, loss of skin elasticity and repeated muscle contractions combine to move your brow lower onto your face, and a furrowed, drooping brow can make you look older, more stressed and habitually tired.
One of the most popular procedures at San Antonio Cosmetic Surgery is the brow lift – specifically designed to revitalize a sagging, drooping or lined forehead and refresh the area between the brows and the upper eyelids for a less tired, sad, angry look. If you’ve heard of this procedure and want to know more, read on to learn 6 good things about brow lifts:
- A brow lift can reduce the lateral “crow’s feet” beside your eyes.
- A brow lift can elevate your brows and return them to a more youthful position, taking years off of your appearance.
- A brow lift can smooth the horizontal lines on your forehead, making you look less stressed.
- A brow lift can erase the vertical creases between your brows. These are the creases that can make you look tired, angry, stressed and worried.
- A brow lift can improve the appearance of sagging folds above your eyelids.
- And, if drooping lids are making it difficult for you to see, improving the appearance and position of your brows and removing sagging skin above your eyes will make it much easier for you to see.
A brow lift is performed in a minimally invasive manner. After your ace is cleansed, our surgeon will make one incision, or if the endoscopic method is used, several very small incisions, behind your hairline. The skin will be lifted, and tissue removed or altered to create a smooth appearance. Your brows will be elevated and secured with sutures placed under your skin. Stitches or clips are then used to close the incisions. You should be able to return to your daily activities in a few days – and will look your absolute best for the summer days ahead!
Keep in mind that Dr. Ortegon can perform your brow lift in conjunction with a face lift, neck lift, or eye lid surgery. Please click here to view before and after images of brow lift or call for a consultation appointment, today: (210) 614-4320.
Posted in: Brow Lift