HOW TO MAINTAIN A FLAT TUMMY THROUGH THE SUMMER
- Posted on: Jul 30 2013
Have You Had A Tummy Tuck Recently?
If you have recently undergone a tummy tuck, or are just concerned about maintaining a flat belly through the lazy summer months, it is important to keep a couple things in mind.
As much as we would like to think that summer is full of action-packed vacations and high amounts of calorie-blasting activity, a lot of times, the majority of the summer is spent eating junky, yet delicious barbecue and laying out in the blazing Texas sun. Follow these tips and you will feel comfortable showing off your belly in a nice bathing suit all summer long.
Stay away from these foods & drinks!
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there are just some things that shouldn’t be a part of your summer diet, no matter how delicious or refreshing they are. Here are five of the worst summer foods that you should be avoiding.
- As good as ice cream sandwiches are, each one rings in at about 500 calories at 60% saturated fat! If you’re still craving one, you can make your own using a low-fat sorbet.
- With all the fairs and carnivals coming to town, fried dough will be everywhere. Stay away! Battered and fried foods are one of the worst foods when it comes to trans fat. As tasty as it is, it’s just not worth it.
- Ribs. I know you are going to hate me for this, but before you pull out your torches and pitchforks, just hear me out. Without any sauce, a quarter pound of ribs will cost you 288 calories and a ridiculous amount of saturated fats. If you just cannot stay away, cook the ribs yourself and replace the barbecue sauce with low-fat spices. Mustard, garlic, or chili powder all can add delicious flavor without piling on the calories.
- Every barbecue that I’ve ever been to has had them, but avoid potato & macaroni salads. Don’t be fooled by the use of the word “salad,” both of them are mostly just fatty mayonnaise. If you absolutely need to have it, make your own with low-fat mayo or olive oil.
- Last but definitely not least, it is time to say goodbye to carbonated drinks. As good as a nice sparkling water or can of Coke tastes, those bubbles will cause your belly to blow up like a balloon. Stick with a glass of water or tea to avoid the bloat.
Cardio & Crunches
You can do hundreds upon hundreds of crunches a day, but if you’re not pairing the ab exercises with cardio, there will be a layer of fat sitting on top of the muscle and hiding the definition! It is important to consistently burn the fat away with cardio while building muscle with crunches or sit ups if you want to maintain a toned belly or even develop a six pack!
Stick With It!
Maintaining a flat, toned belly requires a healthy diet and an effective exercise routine. In order to make the most out of your tummy tuck, you are going to want to follow these steps in order to keep your belly looking slim and smooth. While a tummy tuck can finally get you past that last speed bump in your journey to a flat stomach, it is important to remember to maintain a healthy lifestyle afterward as well.
Curious about tummy tucks?
If you have been working out and eating right, but are still struggling with a belly pooch, a tummy tuck may be the solution for you. Our board-certified cosmetic surgeon at San Antonio Cosmetic Surgery have the knowledge and expertise to help you achieve the results that you deserve.