Considering Microdermabrasion? Now Is The Perfect Time To Try It!
- Posted on: Feb 28 2016
While there are many non-surgical cosmetic procedures available, microdermabrasion is one of the most popular. It’s a safe and easy, simple and quick clinical exfoliation technique which results in a fresh, glowing look to your skin. Microdermabrasion gently removes the top layer of your skin and is recommended as a way to improve the appearance of enlarged pores, oily skin, sun-damage, fine wrinkles, uneven texture, acne-prone and dull skin.
One of the advantages of microdermabrasion is that it is non-invasive; no anesthesia is necessary. During your treatment, a wand is passed over your skin. Very tiny, air-driven crystals are gently blown against your skin, cleansing, abrading and exfoliating its top layer. The dead skin and used crystals are then vacuumed away into a sealed container.
- A microdermabrasion treatment is uniquely customized for you in our office to address your specific areas of concern.
- Men and women, alike, can benefit from microdermabrasion.
- By removing just the top layer of your skin, microdermabrasion stimulates your body to produce collagen and increase cell turnover.
- The procedure takes approximately 30 minutes, is done in our offices, and there is virtually no pain or downtime. You can return to normal activities immediately, looking glowing and refreshed.
- Our patients say they find microdermabrasion comfortable – with just a slight pulling sensation on their skin.
- Your skin typically regenerates at approximately 30-day intervals, which means microdermabrasion should be repeated every four weeks to see optimal
- Microdermabrasion can be used on your face, back or chest.
- Following your procedure, it is advised that you avoid prolonged exposure to the sun and protect your skin with sunscreen.
If you are concerned about fine lines or dull, sun-damaged skin, but aren’t yet ready to try a laser treatment or a chemical peel, microdermabrasion may be the perfect solution for you.
If you would like to learn more about how your skin can benefit from microdermabrasion, call our San Antonio office today to schedule a consultation: (210) 614-4320.
We look forward to meeting you!
Posted in: Facial Rejuvenation