For many women, tummy tuck surgery is the only way to achieve a sleek and sculpted midsection. If you have tummy flab or extra skin after pregnancy or have always had a protruding stomach, no amount of diet and exercise is going to change your body shape. Dr. Ortegon can reshape your midsection with tummy tuck surgery to create the flat and contoured look you've always wanted. You will need to make some lifestyle changes and follow the post-procedure instructions carefully to get the best results.
Here are some tips for getting the best results with your tummy tuck procedure:
- Don't try to lose weight before or right after your procedure. You need to be at a stable and healthy weight before surgery so don't put yourself on a new diet or start a new fitness program in an attempt to lose a large amount of weight. If you do decide to lose a few pounds, wait until your body has fully recovered from surgery. Since a Tummy Tuck doesn't always include liposuction, losing weight after the healing process may enhance the results.
- Be prepared to rest. You will need to get plenty of quality sleep during the recovery phase so that the body can heal and repair itself. Prepare areas of your home where you can rest and take naps throughout the day. Cook some of your favorite meals ahead of time and freeze them so that you don't have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen preparing food.
- Avoid strenuous exercise. Even though we recommend walking when recovering from tummy tuck surgery, you will want to avoid lifting heavy weights or objects, or doing any type of strenuous exercise. Your body needs to heal after surgery and strenuous activities can interfere with the recovery process.
- Prepare clothes for recovery. Since you will have surgical drains in place for a few weeks after surgery, make sure you have plenty of clean, loose-fitting clothing ready. Stick with loose-fitting drawstring pants, oversized button-down shirts, and wrap dresses to accommodate for the drains and bandages. You will feel more comfortable and find it easier to move around.
- Wear your support garment as instructed. Dr. Ortegon will provide information on how long you should wear your support garment or girdle to ensure optimal results. Make sure you wear these garments for the recommended time and take care to smooth out any bumps and folds that might cause skin depressions.
If you are thinking about getting a Tummy Tuck in San Antonio, make sure you're well-informed about what to expect from the procedure. Schedule your tummy tuck consultation at San Antonio Cosmetic Surgery today!
Schedule a Consultation
Contact us today to schedule your consultation with the renowned San Antonio plastic surgeon and breast & body specialist Dr. Delio Ortegon. Take your first steps to a more beautiful you.
4910 Golden Quail Suite 140, San Antonio, TX 78240