Male Cosmetic Surgery
In San Antonio, cosmetic surgery is increasingly popular among men. Dr. Ortegon understands the needs of his male patients, and provides a variety of cosmetic procedures to help improve their appearance. Cosmetic procedures can help you look younger—so that your appearance corresponds with your young, vibrant personality.
Many of our cosmetic procedures can provide subtle results and have no downtime. People you know won’t notice that you’ve had work done; all they will see is how great you look.
Procedures for Men
Healthy men who want to improve an area of their appearance can consider a variety of cosmetic procedures.
Cosmetic Procedures that are popular with our male patients include:
- Botox® injections are popular with women and men who want to erase their frown lines for several months. Frown lines between your eyebrows and on your forehead can make you look older. Botox reduces the appearance of these lines by stopping action of specific facial muscles.
- Liposuction is popular with men who want to remove stubborn fat from an area of their body. If you struggle to get your stomach or back as flat as flat as they once were, liposuction can help. Liposuction removes fat cells from the body to allow a more toned, sculpted appearance.
- Male Breast Reduction corrects gynecomastia, or male breasts. Male breasts can be caused by your genes, weight fluctuations, medication, or other causes. Male breast reduction removes the fat or firm tissue that causes your male breasts, for a permanent correction.
- Face Lift or Neck Lift surgery is popular among men. Many man find that their jaw is less defined as they age. If you want a strong, defined jaw, a face or neck lift can improve the appearance of your chin and jawline.
- Body Contouring After Weight Loss is popular with men who have lost significant weight. Body contouring procedures lift, tighten, and remove excess skin. Diet and exercise alone can reduce your weight, but they can’t shrink your skin. If you have lost significant weight and want to tighten your skin and remove excess skin, body contouring may be for you.
Other plastic surgery procedures for men include pectoral and calf implants. Dr. Ortegon is trained in a wide variety of procedures, so please contact us if you have questions about a specific procedure that isn’t listed above.
Why Choose San Antonio Cosmetic Surgery?
Our San Antonio plastic surgery practice welcomes male patients, and we can help you feel comfortable and relaxed during your visit. If you choose to undergo a procedure, remember to choose a board certified plastic surgeon. Trained plastic surgeons know the (often subtle) anatomical differences between men and women, and how those can be preserved – or accentuated – with the right surgical technique.
Schedule A Consultation
We invite you to call our office today to schedule a consultation. Call 210-951-2483 or use the online contact form to send an email to our San Antonio office. Our plastic surgery practice is located at 11130 Christus Hills #108 in San Antonio, TX 78251.
Male Cosmetic Surgery Frequently Asked Questions
How long does liposuction last?
The results of liposuction are long-lasting assuming that you maintain a healthy weight. The fat cells that are targeted by liposuction are permanently removed, but it is possible to gain fat in other areas if you do not keep up with a healthy diet and exercise routine.
Does fat come back after liposuction?
Fat cells in the treatment area are permanently removed by liposuction. However, it is possible to gain weight in other areas of the body if a healthy lifestyle isn’t maintained.
Which is better, liposuction or CoolSculpting?
Liposuction and CoolSculpting both have the purpose of removing unwanted fat, and their end results are typically comparable. Choosing which is better for you depends on your schedule, the amount of fat you wish to remove, and whether or not you are capable or willing to have surgery.
Is male breast reduction surgery safe?
Male breast reduction surgery is generally safe. Like all surgeries, there are some risks. These include infection or adverse reactions to anesthesia. Many complications can be avoided by disclosing existing health issues with your doctor before surgery and following aftercare instructions.
How long does it take to recover from male breast reduction?
After a male breast reduction surgery, patients take about a week off from work to rest and recover. After about three weeks, most patients can return to exercising or other more strenuous activities.
Can gynecomastia go away without surgery?
Gynecomastia may improve without surgery depending on its cause. For example, some cases are simply the result of the patient gaining weight, and adopting a healthy lifestyle may help resolve the gynecomastia. Other patients may find that ceasing taking medications will reduce their gynecomastia. If the condition does not resolve itself, surgery is always an option.
Is male breast reduction permanent?
Male breast reduction is generally permanent, but excessive weight gain among other factors may cause the condition to recur. Your doctor can advise steps to help make sure your results are long-lasting.